The challenges of Security and Safety nature affecting the university emanates from the larger societal problems ranging from huge population of youth being unemployed, thugs masquerading as students within the precints of the university and lastly the fact that the university has grown over time to become a complex entity with crime incidences raising proportionately in terms of numbers and sophistication of crimes and criminals.
The Security Department has and will always endeavor to employ contemporary security and safety strategies to satisfy the needs of its clientele in furtherance of its functions as follows:-
- Protection of life and property
- Prevention and detection of crime
- Enforcement of Rules and Regulations
- Liaison with Government Security Agencies
- Prevention of wastage of resources