Under the Assistant Maintenance Officer, this section is charged with responsibility of maintaining all campus physical facilities such as teaching and learning facilities (includes; theatres, lecture halls, tutorial rooms, seminar rooms, offices, clinic, moot court, cafeteria etc.
The process of maintaining these facilities can take various formats;
- Through formal request by the user school/section by filling the Maintenance Request form (commonly referred to as MI)
- Through recognition by the section for a need for a repair.
- Through an emergency to which the section is alerted to or notices in course of normal duty such as a pipe breakage or power outage. In this case the section fixes the problem immediately except where new materials would be required.
- As a performance contract target.
- As planned or preventive maintenance.
- As general maintenance.